B24

L'église Saint Clément de Sandwich est la plus grande de la ville. La partie la plus ancienne est la tour normande, construite sans doute vers l'an 1100. Plus la ville se développait, plus l'église s'agrandissait. En 1948 elle est devenue église paroissiale, les autres églises de Sandwich furent alors progressivement désaffectées.

St. Clement's Church is the largest in the town. The oldest part is the Norman Toweer, dating from about the year 1100. As the town grew, the church was enlarged, until it attained its present size. In 1948 St. Clement's was designated as Sandwich Parish Church, the other two parishes ceasing to be separate, and the area of Sandwich Parish being enlarged to include Sandwich Bay and Stonar.